If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.

  • If you have a swimming pool, you must obtain a Certificate of Compliance from your Council or a privater certifier and attach it to the sales contract. Fees apply to obtain this. Council will take at least a week to inspect and issue a certificate. A private certifier is faster but will cost more.
  • The contract will not comply with the PRESCRIBED DOCUMENTS regulation unless such a certificate is attached.[clause 14A of Schedule 1 to the Conveyancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2010 says so] If a contract is exchanged without such a certificate and one is required, the purchaser can rescind the contract.
  • If the pool has been recently built, a relevant occupation certificate for the pool is an acceptable substitute plus evidence that the pool is registered under the Swimming Pools Act 1992 [as all pools now should be registered]
  • If you have a pool and it is not functional, you can obtain a valid certificate of non-compliance which satisfies the requirement to attach a certificate of one type or the other to the contract.

  Site Map